Monday 16 May 2011

Photoshoot preparation


For my photoshoot I have been making some different accessories and masks for my shirt and jacket. These are some templates I made for my detachable shoulder pads and on the right are the completed ones with the detachable neck piece. Below is an image of a mask I have made for the model to pose with. 


 These are some of the embellishments that I made using string. I  used the work of Derek Lawlor for inspiration. I think these will add to the tribal look I am trying to achieve. 

These pieces are made from leather and I am going to attach these to the sides of the arms to change the shape of the sleeve. I will be able to remove them and switch them around so you could have a mixture of colour or all the same. 

Small beading and feathers on the lapel. 
These are attached using velcro so they are also removable. 

Here you can see some of the embellishments on the jacket ready for the shoot. I made the small red circles with some netting gathered at the base and tied together with a band. 






 Here is the final jacket with the mask tied around the neck. You can see the tribal look is coming together. Below are images of the side of the jacket with the leather attachments in the sleeve and the cord I stitched around the lapels and the neck to add texture to the jacket. Also below is the back of the jacket which I cut out tribal shapes into. I used red fur and some of the black leather I had left to fill in the pattern.  

Final jacket without shoulder pads and neck attachment.





This is the shirt that I made. I chose it because of the colour and also because it was so over sized, it meant I could cut it up and tie it into the shape I wanted. I added some different coloured cord down the centre and some simple gold paint to add a pattern. 
On the jacket I added some red circles which I have also put on the shirt to add texture and increase the tribal feel. 
On the shoulders I have cut out some shapes like on the jacket but left them open. The sleeves were removed because I was going to try and use them on the jacket but I didn't have the time to do what I wanted to with them. 
With the tassels I have plaited some of them and also let some of them just hang down simply. 
A close up of the netting and the painted pattern. 

 This is another view of the side of the shirt and also one of the back which I cut into. 

 A close up of the back of the shirt. You can clearly see the pattern and also how the dart has made the shirt hang. 

 This shot shows all the elements of the shirt. I think the cord works really well and is my favourite part of the shirt.
All of the following images are of the shoulder pads and the neck piece. You can see how it has altered the shape of the jacket. It also shows how they attach and detach from the jacket. I think it looks better with either just the pads or just the neck piece because together they are a little overwhelming and take your eyes away from the embellishments.   



Back of the jacket
Side view


View from above 

No comments:

Post a Comment